Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hey guess what? I'm not dead.

When I started this blog, how ever many years ago, I told my husband I was gonna be pseudo-famous and make money by sitting on the internet and writing about stupid stuff. I was so funny! I can't seem to blog for more than a few months at a time without getting distracted by something in life and totally forgetting that I even have a bl---SQUIRREL!

So, here we are almost 10 months later and I'm gonna try again. Maybe this time I can keep at it. But really, let's not set unrealistic expectations. Let's just enjoy what we have for however long my ADHD brain can hold on to it.

In the last ten months, I have moved. Twice. Gone on a vacation that wasn't really a vacation. Discovered that I am actually a really good seamstress. Turned 30 and gotten pregnant. Those last two may or may not have happened on the same day/weekend.

The moving happened when in January Larch and I realized that we were more behind than we thought and were not going to be able to catch up. We moved into the basement of my sister's house with my parents. That is to say, my sister had taken a job in Denver and my parents were living in the house she owned up here and we moved in to lower our rent and also to help them be able to make the mortgage payment so my sister could afford to rent in Denver. A month later, my sister sold her house and we moved with my parents into a slightly larger house that is really super awesome and that we didn't get keys to until 2 hours after my sister had closed on the house we were living in. That is really it's own blog post and I will get to that soon. Probably tomorrow or more likely next week.

Last month, I went on a road trip to visit my grandparents in New Mexico for the last time and to help them move into my Aunts house. I don't want to talk about that. It was great and it sucked because unless we will the lottery, I will not get to go back.

The seamstress thing was a given, it just took me more time than other people to realize the truth about my own abilities.

The pregnant and 30 thing. I turned 30 April 5th of this year. Four days earlier for April Fools Day, I had jokingly told my sister we were pregnant by sending her a picture of a positive pregnancy test I had stolen of the internet. I called my mom to warn her, in case my sister freaked out and called her. My mom then turned around and used that information to prank my dad, who then took it and pranked my grandparents. Two weeks later, what I thought was the worst hangover in recent history turned out to be morning sickness mixed with the consequences of partying hard for my brother in law's 30th birthday. No more partying for me till New Years. We are due December 26th. We do not yet know what the baby's gender is but we will be finding out on August 12th if the baby decides to cooperate.

I think that is all the major news. Johnny is 8 now and Lily is 5 and starts kindergarten this fall.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you aren't dead... and for the little one! Sorry about the in-between. Beem on the wrong side of bankruptcy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. living with my parents isn't bad. it's not all good, but having two extra adults to help with the kids especially as I have been literally sick and tired has been great. And it has allowed us to catch up enough that we are actually paying down debt rather than incurring more.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!