Wednesday, October 14, 2015

This SAHM is.....crazy.

Back in the beginning of September I quit my job. Only temporarily, I plan on going back next summer when Baby Evelyn is around 6ish months old. I wanted to work until Thanksgiving, but it got to the point where being on my feet for 4-6 hours straight was not something my body was ok with.

Somewhere along the line, I got this brilliant idea that since I am not working and both of my kids are in school for at least half a day, I should start selling the stuff that I sew. I put together a Seahawks apron and had it sold within two hours of finishing it. I sold a Minecraft inspired pillowcase for a friend (and got paid for it) and put the picture on the Facebook and was immediately bombarded with interest. So I opened an Etsy store.
Here are two of the said Minecraft pillowcases.

I quit work so I could take it easy and relax until baby gets here. Now I am trying to figure out how to balance housework, grocery shopping, meal prep, and sewing. Seriously, every time I put an order in the mail and think that maybe I have some time to breathe, I check my email and find another order waiting for me. I don't want to complain, but I really expected this whole "start a business" thing to be a much slower start.

I have also made the very smart decision to try and do two craft fairs this season. One in early November and one in early December. My sister in law is sharing the space and splitting the booth fee with me. This is great, and I hope I will make money, but in the mean time, I should probably make sure I have more than three pillowcases and two pot holders to put on display. Also, Halloween is like three weeks away or something and I haven't even started sewing Lily's costume. Go me!

Ok, it's really not that bad, it's just all happening faster than I expected and with other stuff (i.e. my grandparents are getting old and falling apart and I am pregnant and hormonal and cry for no reason anyways) going on, I just feel overwhelmed. But please, feel free to overwhelm me more by telling me you would like some custom made pillowcases (they don't have to be Minecraft) or an apron, or pot holders, or coffee sleeves. No really, $12 each or two for twenty on the pillowcases. ;)

And just in case you are curious (and even if your not) here is the link for my store that only has three listings as of the time of my writing this. Sew Breazy

1 comment:

  1. Go you!!! Can't say I need anything at the moment, but I will offer you (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback!